Tender cuts of beef are seasoned, seared and simmered in a hearty stock with bacon and Guiness beer (optional). Serve over the provided mashed potatoes. Cook stovetop or slow-cooker.
- Includes Idahoan Honest Earth Mashed Potatoes*
- Contains three servings
- Packaged in food grade freezer bags
- Thaw prior to cooking
- Options Available: Gluten free (no beer), Dairy free (rice instead of potatoes), No onion
*Side items and/or recipe may be different with modifications. See details when ordering.
Thaw in refrigerator and cook within 2 days of being thawed.
- Preheat large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add contents of bacon bag to pan and cook for one minute, stirring frequently.
- Push bacon to edges and place beef (discard juice) in center of pan.
- Generously season meat with salt and pepper and sear on all sides.
STOVETOP (recommended) Add contents of sauce bag to pan with meat and ADD 9 OUNCES WATER. Bring to boil and reduce to lowest setting. Cover and let simmer for approximately 2 hours or until beef is fork tender. Serve over provided mashed potatoes or rice. Optional: to thicken broth, mix 1-2 tsp cornstarch with a small amount of water and add to stew. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
SLOW-COOKER Add contents of pan and sauce bag plus 9 OUNCES WATER. Cook 4-6 hours (high) or 8-10 hours (low). Serve over provided mashed potatoes or rice. Optional: to thicken broth, remove liquid from crock and place in a sauce pan over high heat. Mix 1-2 tsp cornstarch with a small amount of water and add to broth. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Stir back into crock.