A bed of rice is topped with pieces of all-natural chicken breast or extra-large shrimp that are cooked in a blend of Southern seasonings, green onions and diced tomatoes. This dish is not spicy but we’ll include some extra Cajun seasoning so that you can kick it up a notch if you want.
- Includes white rice
- Contains three servings
- Packaged in food grade freezer bags
- Thaw prior to cooking
- Free of dairy and gluten
- Thaw in refrigerator. Once thawed, cook within 1 day (shrimp) or 2 days (chicken).
- Begin preparing rice and preheat a large nonstick pan over med-high heat.
CHICKEN: Add chicken (discard juices) to pan and cook, turning occasionally until cooked through. Snip the corner of the Cajun butter bag and squeeze contents into pan. Cook for another minute, stirring frequently and then add the contents of the tomato bag and 4 TBS WATER. Continue cooking, stirring constantly for 3 more minutes.
SHRIMP: Snip corner of Cajun butter bag and squeeze contents into pan. Cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly. Add shrimp (discard juices) and cook until shrimp are pink and curled. Add contents of tomato bag and 4 TBS WATER. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 more minutes.
- Add cooked rice to pan and toss/stir to combine.
- If desired, add extra Cajun seasoning to taste.