Tender orzo pasta is cooked in a seasoned broth and then combined with crisp bacon, extra-large shrimp and peas (packaged separately so that you can omit if desired). This one-pot dish is delicious and makes cleanup a breeze!
- Contains three servings
- Packaged in food grade freezer bags
- Free of dairy
- Options Available: No onion
Thaw in refrigerator. Once thawed, cook within one day.
- In large saucepan, heat 1-2 Tbs butter or oil over med-hi heat.
- Add bacon and cook approx. 2 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside on paper towel lined plate (keep bacon drippings in pan).
- Add contents of orzo bag (rice looking pasta) and cook 3 minutes, stirring very frequently to prevent burning.
- ADD 2 CUPS WATER to the large bag with seasoning in it and shake to combine ingredients.
- Empty that bag into pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low but maintain a rapid simmer.
- Cover pan and cook 10 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Add peas and shrimp (discard juice), cover, and cook 5 more minutes.
- Stir in bacon right before serving.